A Fertility Diet Plan is an effort to blend the wisdom of Chinese medicine with groundbreaking western research to help women and couples learn what and how to eat to optimize fertility.
Fertility Diet Recommendation: Avoid the following foods, ingredients and chemicals that increase inflammation and oxidative stress:
- Refined, processed foods and fast foods including most fast food restaurants.
- Flour and products made with flour (bread, scones, muffins, pancakes, cookies, etc).
- Moderate and high GI foods (white bread, bagels, crackers, refined cereals, juice, etc).
- High AGE foods such as fatty meats cooked on high heats and highly processed foods-only consume grass-fed pastured raised meats.
- AGE (advanced glycolation end products) is created when sugars and proteins, re heated (e.g. sweet marinade on barbecued meat).
- Corn, safflower, sunflower and soybean oils which are high in omega 6 fatty acids.
- The imbalance of omega 3 to omega 6 fats contributes to cellular inflammation.
- High fructose corn syrup which is a highly refined product used in soda and many processed foods.
- Trans fats found as added hydrogenated fats, partially hydrogenated fats, shortening, or mono/diglycerides.
- Fried foods, especially in restaurants and fast food outlets.
- Artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, sweeteners.
- Processed soy products (tofu, soy protein, soy milk/yogurt).
Eat these foods to decrease inflammation and oxidative stress:
- High ORAC fruits and vegetables that are loaded with anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory herbs and spices – adding fresh and fresh dried herbs and spices can increase the antioxidant potential of the entire meal.