Happy New Year Y'all!
Phew! That was a fast and furious holiday! I had family in town and entertained for 9 days straight, so I'm in need of a little TLC-how about you?
NYE is the perfect time to check in with yourself and do a full body scan to see what symptoms have bubbled up over the last few weeks.
If you've found yourself doing the following, you may not be feeling 100%:
- drinking too much wine
- Indulging in too many gluten free chocolate chip cookies
- Indulging in too many dips, chips and cheese
- not getting enough sleep
- sitting on the couch a little more than usual
No big deal if this sounds all too familiar-the past is the past, it doesn't serve us to beat ourselves up and just throw in the towel. It's time to regroup and reestablish our healthy habits that may have slipped through the cracks over the last few weeks.
How To Do A Full Body Scan
The idea of a full body scan is to bring awareness back to your body and check in to see how it's functioning.
1. Start by sitting in a chair with your arms relaxed by your side and eyes closed.
2. Starting with your head, imagine your in a x-ray tube and it's scanning your entire body. Pay attention to your joints, your back, your feet. Move your limbs around. Flex and extend. Take an inventory.
3. How do your joints feel? Are they stiffer than normal?
4. How about your muscles? Are the tight and achy?
5. How about headaches?
6. Skin eruptions? Acne? Psoriasis?
7. What about mucus in your nose or throat?
Whether you have had some holiday skin breakouts or mucus in your throat, it is all a sign/symptom of inflammation. Whether you consumed too much dairy, gluten or sugar or didn't eat enough veggies, it's time to clean the slate, reset the metabolism and kick the cravings.
So how do we do that?
We remove the inflammatory triggers and add in anti-inflammatory foods to nourish and cool the inflammation.
3 Day Reboot Menu Plan
1. Calculate your biochemical water consumption. Divide your weight in half and drink that in ounces throughout the day. If you are 160 lbs, drink 80 ounces.
2. No coffee. Upon rising, drink 6-8 ounces of warm water with the juice of half organic lemon.
3. For the rest of the day, sip warm water if you can. This will help clean and flush the lymphatic system and sweep out debris via the kidneys. I like to use a thermos to keep my water warm.
4. Breakfast will be the same for the next three days, Keep it simple.
TROPICAL GREENS RISE & SHINE SMOOTHIE
1 cup frozen mango, peach or pineapple cubes
2 cups baby spinach
1 banana sliced and frozen
1 cup coconut water or water
1 teaspoon coconut oil
* Use ½ avocado in place of banana for a lower sugar option
Blend and enjoy.
5. Cook once, eat twice. With the exception of your first lunch, dinner will translate into your lunch the next day. Keep things simple.
Lunch Day 1
Dinner Day 1 (and lunch for day 2)
Dinner Day 2 (lunch for day 3)
6. Add in a Detox TREAT after lunch. The best time to enjoy your treat is between the hours of 12-2, when the metabolic and digetive fire is highest. This treat is chockful of healthy fats and antioxidants and is refined sugar and dairy free!
At the end of the day, you can enjoy a cup of Calm (to reset magnesium levels and prepare the body for sleep) or cup of herbal tea with a teaspoon of raw honey (local if you can find it). The more inflammed the body, the more sleep it needs. Aim for 8 hours of sleep and go to bed the same time every night.
Here is to a healthy and vibrant 2018!