It's that time of year-Fall Foods! I love all things fall, with foods being one of them; some of my favorites are pumpkin, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage and apples to name a few. Each of these foods contain boatloads of nutrition specifically designed to optimize your immune system for the winter months ahead. Say bye-bye to colds and hello to bright eyes and wrinkle free skin!
That said, pumpkin is one of my fall favorites. I use it to make granola, pumpkin pie smoothies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie oats and more.
Pumpkin has a boatload of benefits as well!
- Pumpkin is a rich source of vitamin A.
- Pumpkin is one of the best-known sources of the antioxidant beta -carotene.
- The potassium contained within pumpkins can have a positive effect on blood pressure.
- The antioxidants and vitamins contained within pumpkins can prevent degenerative damage to the eyes.
- Canned pumpkin pie mix typically contains added sugars and syrups, so look for organic canned pumpkin puree'. Read you labels.
- They are also high in fiber and a great source of B vitamins, which keep help ease stress, relieve PMS and reduce your rusk for heart disease.
This smoothie is the perfect balance of protein, produce, fiber and healthy fats-this perfect blend will keep cravings at bay, while treating your taste-buds to something super delicious! Remember that food is medicine, our kitchen is our pharmacy and optimal digestion is the key to vibrant health! Our bodies have the amazing ability to heal itself, by itself provided we remove all of the obstacles in our way-happy blending everyone!
Pumpkin Pie Beauty Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (plant based source of omega 3's & protein)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (plant based source of omega 3's & protein)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree (rich in Vitamin A to prevent wrinkles)
- 1 teaspoon raw local honey or one soaked dried medjool date
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk, unsweetened
- vanilla liquid stevia to taste-I use about 5 drops (play around)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon(helps balance blood sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 drop of Young Living Ginger Vitality (optional-powerhouse of plant medicine for digestion and inflammation)
- 5-6 ice-cubes (optional)
Blend. Rock. Roll.