- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 2 T coconut oil (melted)
- 2 T chia seeds or flaxseeds, plus 6 T water
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 4 T of chopped dark chocolate (85% dark or more=low sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add 12 paper muffin cups to a muffin baking tray or use silicon muffin tray and grease with coconut oil.
3. Mix 2 T of chia seeds, or ground flaxseeds, with 6 T water and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to thicken and turn into an "egg" replacement.
4. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Add the chia seed or flaxseed "EGG" to the rest of the ingredients and combine everything together to form a batter.
5. Using and an ice-cream scoop, drop the batter into the muffin paper cups and smooth the tops with the spoon.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top. Place a skewer in the center of a muffin and if it comes out clean, it’s ready. They will be soft and moist.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray.