These breakfast ideas are low carbohydrate options that can be enjoyed any day of the week while supporting support your health and fat-loss goals. Choose 3-5 breakfasts that you can rotate into week each week for optimal results.
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet and combine.
- Ladle batter onto the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with ghee or grass-fed butter.
Breakfast Tacos: Serves 1
- 2 eggs, whisked in a bowl
- 2 almond flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons Chipolte Lime Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1/2 baby spinach, arugula, OR kale
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, ghee, or avocado oil for pan
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Heat a pan and warm tortillas for 30 seconds on each side. Set aside.
- Add fat to the pan.
- Add in eggs and greens and scramble.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Spread mayo on each tortilla.
- Top with eggs and spinach.
- Top with avocado.
Baked Avocado Boats: Serves 4
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 4 large eggs
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices organic pastured bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop about 1 tablespoon worth of avocado out of each half; discard or reserve for another use.
- Place hollowed avocados in a baking dish, then crack eggs into a bowl, one at a time. Using a spoon, transfer one yolk to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as you can fit without spilling over.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set and yolks are no longer runny 20 to 25 minutes. (Cover with foil if avocados are beginning to brown.)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and chop.
- Top avocados with bacon and salt and pepper before serving.
Snickerdoodle Smoothie: Serves 1
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel® - Snickerdoodle*
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus an extra pinch
- 3 pitted dates, soaked
- Soak 3 pitted dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, add frozen cauliflower rice, almond milk, Collagen Fuel, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and pitted dates (if using).
- Blend on low until the dates are chopped, and then turn up to medium speed. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and sprinkle on a little extra cinnamon. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Whipped Coffee Recipe: Serves 1
- 1 cup heavy cream*
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel® - Snickerdoodle**
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. liquid stevia
- 8 oz. cold brew coffee
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
*Yields 2 cups of whipped cream. Save any leftovers for a coffee tomorrow.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a handheld mixer to whip the ingredients together until the mixture resembles stiff peaks (consistency of whipped cream).
- In a large glass filled with ice cubes, pour in the cold brew coffee. Add half of the whipped pumpkin spice cream on top of coffee. Sprinkle a few pinches of ground cinnamon on top of cream, and enjoy!
Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole: Serves 6
A great dish to make ahead with plenty of servings leftover for quick breakfast or lunch ideas!
- 1 large leek
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon plus a pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 dozen eggs
- ¼ cup goat cheese of sheep's milk feta
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- Primal Kitchen Unsweetened Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Trim the dark green part, as well as the root end, off the leek. Peel off the brittle outer layer, if desired. If your leek stalk is very large, you can cut the stalk in half. Slice the leek into ¼-inch pieces.
- Fill a large bowl with water (more than halfway up the sides). Drop your sliced leeks into the water, breaking up any pieces that are stuck together. Allow leeks to soak for about 10 minutes in the water.
- Remove the leeks from the water, scraping the very top of the surface of the water only (the sand and grit falls from the leeks to the bottom of the bowl, so you don’t want to pick up any of that when you remove the leeks).
- Allow the leeks to drain on a clean kitchen towel.
- Wash and dry the kale leaves. Cut the stem off of the leaves (or tear the leaves off of the stems). Chop kale into bite-sized pieces.
- In another large bowl, add ground turkey. Add Italian seasoning, sage, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, and break up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned, about 8–10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Beauty Bowl: Serves 1
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped macadamia nuts (dry roasted)
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds (dry roasted or raw)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, or strawberries)
- almond milk (unsweetened)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and top with almond milk.